Possible buying a MKI......maybe looking for a really nice one.

Keeping the Mk2? ....also a sensible decision.

At least you followed some thought process to not make a snap decision
for a Mk1. Perhaps in the future a rust free Mk1 will show itself. I'm
happy we have a community that makes it easy to look at a Mk1 Scirocco
in CA when you are in NJ.

  good stuff.

--
Michael A. Bueti