->>> Bug Jam '07 report, and photos of some of Snow Sr's latest creation....(was RE: Diesel Rabbit for sale)

I find that odd too...I'm getting (heh) ~42mpg now....I leaned it up a bit
and do a LOT more open highway driving. Additionally, I drive it like I'm
trying to save fuel (...I'll coast 1/2 mi up to a stop light every time I
can; no AC most of the time now; nice, easy starts- watching my exhaust to
ensure I'm not pumping out unburnt diesel; etc....)

....so does that mean my '82 is worth ~$3k or so like it sits?

...I'm almost tempted to start finding out how much I could get for my
Sportruck....

I saw something at BugJam last weekend that I'd definitely trade it for:
http://www.fattynmabels.com/-SNOW-/PB080003a.JPG
...but I saw how much this guy wanted for it ($8900), and I don't think I
can justify that for a vanagon that my truck spanks....*sigh*....it's still
cool though...

There were 2 Sciroccos entered, one was the fellow Bay-Area lister **(I'm
really sorry dude, I completely forgot your name...but I did remember you
instantly from Cincy and for turning me on to that '82 at LKQ. I did manage
to get a few things off it before they crushed her...I went back a few more
weeks later to strip a good bit more, but it and this PRISTINE rabbit were
gone.... :'(  ....but I digress)....and the other was a Roc I've seen at all
the Florida shows, I'm sure Karl knows him, but I don't (good seein' ya
there too man, I *almost* moved my roc over by yours out in the lot since I
was like, right there and there was a spot by you.....lol)....

Quite a few clean MKII and IIIs there, a diesel Caddy for sale (no idea how
much...I'm just looking for an engine...), and the usual PLETHORA of
aircooled VeeDubs.

One in particular that I should have taken pics of was a Vanagon QUATTRO
that was in dire need of a new owner....it had all the extras in it, but is
in fast need of serious TLC to keep it from the yard.... :(

Now, here's something from the old-man's shed:
http://www.fattynmabels.com/-SNOW-/PB080012a.JPG

....the Transporter, not the Ghia. Sorry Christine....but this is the last
picture of her under my dad's ownership. Someone bought it there as they
were getting ready to leave (it was listed there all day for $5k).

I have bad BAD feelings that the 'vert 16v is next. I am currently accepting
donations so that I can move it from his barn to mine.....I think he said
he'd take $7500 for it at the moment.    *sigh*

(Here are some other assorted pics of both my diesel and why I am still
betting I'm in a roc more than ANY of you....lol.....some pics of a
super-clean bus, and more shots of dad's transporter and a few random bugjam
shots...all high res...:
http://www.fattynmabels.com/-SNOW-/ - enjoy~!)

Dan Snow
New Port Richey, FL