Diesel Rabbit for sale

On Nov 10, 2007 7:01 PM, David Utley <fahrvergnugen@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> All,
>
>   A friend has a Diesel Rabbit on eBay for sale.  I did some of the minor
> work on it.  While it is not flawless, it runs well and is pretty damn
> clean.  Be sure to check out the pictures.
>
> He has pulled the possibility of a local sale.
>
>   Also, he is English, so he is a, how should I say?  Eclectic sense of
> humor.  :D
>

> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300169385918

I can vouch for the seller.  During a particular car hauling adventure
I spent a few days bumming around Don's shop (and the megalopolis of
Purcell OK, where everyone drives around with one hand raised out the
window in a perpetual wave), and he was the highlight of the trip...
Great guy!  I wouldn't hesitate to buy a vehicle from him.  Hey David,
does he still have that brown Type 3 Squareback (previously owned by a
Colonel or something)?  That thing was freakin' sweet.  IIRC he was
thinking of dropping a Subaru boxer engine into it...  I was
considering coming back for that car...

Strange that he's only getting around 30mpg with the Rabbit.  I
recently bought a diesel A2 Golf for my brother, and he's been
regularly getting close to 50mpg!

Later,

Mark.
75