Use of foam as insulator?

A guy I know in Houston swares by some brush on stuff that he says is as
good as dynamat but lighter and easier to apply.  I asked him to pick meup
some and I'll get it over Thanksgiving.  I'll try to remember to post the
name of it when I find out what it is.  It's $20 for a quart, which he says
will do the roof plus a lot more.  I'm going to use it in my Passat while I
have the headliner out.

Brian