OT: Nokians

On 11/6/07, C Boyko <roccit_53@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Where have you guys found to buy these snows? And are there more than one
> type than the Hakke...whatever-the-hell-the-name-is? I'm on borrowed time
> on my snows and with the current exchange, US sources are an option too.
> Thanks.
> Cathy

Cathy, I get my Nokians (and summer tires) from a guy just over the
border.  He even delivers them for an extra $10, although with the
crazy border waits these days he might not be so willing anymore...
I've been paying around $80-$90 per tire, which was close to half
price when I compared them to Groff Tire in Welland...  You could also
go over yourself and he can mount/balance them in his shop...

I recommend Nokian RSi's - they're a 'sporty' winter tire.  I've run
nothing but those for the last several years, and I can't recommend
them enough!  I only get two winters out of a set though, but I'm
notoriously hard on tires...

Later,

Mark.
75