Scirocco update

So I've got my scirocco fixed and will be racing on Sunday. The head was
replaced with a 2.0 head at a cost of $500 and I'm getting to the point
where I'm starting to be at peace with it. The plan is to get the original
head back from the mechanic, rebuild it and put it back on the car. Right
now it runs a little rough at idle (perhaps the idle is too low?), the temp
guage reads high although the coolant temp is OK, and I still need to fix
the tach. I will be working on detailing and cleaning the car over the next
while, including removing the side rubber bumpers (whatever they're called),
and replacing a section of moulding on the bottom of the door. Still looking
for euro bumpers if anyone has any, and BTW I have a few things I might
consider parting with. I have:

- Supersprint cat back and muffler
- 14" steel wheels (for winter tires)
- 14" original P-slot mags
- a brand new euro light (just one side)
- a used euro light in fair condition (no holes but has pits)
- a used euro turn signal (passenger side)
- some more misc parts I'll post when I get the time

August 1 I'll be moving to my new place with the double garage!!! No more
mechanics (except me)!!!

--
Andrew McCausland, B.Sc.

1987 Scirocco 16v Black