will a scirocco motor work in a passat?

    I'm in the middle of the same conversion.  The PL head (1.8 16V) in
stock form will increase your compression slightly on a 9A block (2.0 16V)
maybe about 10.5 to 11:1, but you'll also get gains from a better exaust
flow IF you don't intend to modify the head.  The 9A head has more meat to
remove so if you're PNPing or having valve work done then the 9A head is
better.  Otherwise unmodified the PL head will do you some good.  The reason
I'm doing it on my Jetta is because I don't have the money for a second 9A
head for Rocky but I do have a spare PL head that I can clean up that I feel
is good enough for my street car.  Also this allows me the time to have the
head worked on while I'm still driving the car.  It's getting the works
accept I'm staying with the stock valves instead of the Supertech Inconel
ones I plan to buy for Rocky when his time comes.  If you're swapping heads
then I'd highly recommend the ARP head studs instead of bolts.  They're a
bit of extra money but when you're done with it, you'll feel better knowing
you've got the good stuff.  I also picked up the special head gasket from
Techtonics.  If you call them they'll know what you're looking for.  I fully
beleive in doing things right the first time no matter what the cost.  My
box'O parts is almost full now at a cost of almost $1000 and nothing has
gone in the car yet.

      Rave Racer
Current:
'91 Jetta GLI 2.0L 16V