Tank recall (bear with me, an honest question!)

Things I know:
1) Certain 1986-88 16vs got shipped with bad tanks, they leaked from a
seam.
2) My car qualifies for the recall.
3) My cars tank got replaced in 1991 under the recall.
4) My current tank is leaking, at a horizontal seam just above the
external pump, passengers side.

Question is, do recalled tanks qualify for the recall, to be replaced
again?  I haven't talked to the dealership about it yet (only to confirm
it got replaced in the first place).

Where, exactly, did the original bad tanks leak from?

Thanks,
Nate