My 16V doesn't like to accelerate...

Well, there are lots of options I suppose, but it doesn't sound that
different from the symptoms my 8V had, which we referred to as
"arschlaufen". It just ran like ass. It was not always bad, but it was
impossible to tune, and had a near bucking sort of stutter on acceleration.
Sometimes. A flow test showed that one cylinder flowed 25% less than the
other three, and a new (used) distrubutor had me singing a very happy song
a year ago. And that distributor is now sitting unused in a bucket :)
Cathy
PS: A side note, I keep hearing a sound that sort of resembles thunder, and
I should get out and throw a tarp over the kid's TDI mess casue they're
calling for rain. But I now realize it's a jet car staging. Gotta love
living near the track!