Excuses why I may be driving a (semi) Kia to Cincy...

On 5/19/07, Nate Mellom <doubt@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Tell me more about the Main Street Bingo Palace, and the neighbourhood
> it resides in.  Median age, senility level, etc, etc...
>
> I've always suspected you Canadians were a little off.

Don't get me started on the damn bingo hall.  Fucking bingoloids (as I
affectionately refer to them) are a pain in the ass.  I had to weld up
a railing to keep the smokers from leaning on my cars and sitting on
my steps.  Ever since the new smoking laws came into effect last year
there's an almost constant "huddle of stupidity" outside my door, and
a breeze will often waft the cloud of smoke right through my building.
 I also have to endure the same damn comments everyday when I'm BBQing
my dinner "oh, whatcha making me", or "I'll take mine well-done"...
Real original after hearing it a million times...

Other than the annoying-morbidly-obese-track-pants-wearing bingoloids,
there's also a bunch of crackheads running around here (the large sand
filled flowerpot ashtrays are a huge attraction for them, since the
majority of dumbass smokers ditch their half smoked cigs as soon as
they hear the bingo caller beckoning them to exchange their welfare
money for coloring books for the retarded).  The result is a constant
flow of crackheads seeking a free nic fix outside my door.  I've even
busted lowlifes taking a piss on my steps, but they sure as hell
aren't coming back after the can of whoopass I unloaded on them...

All the negative crap aside, the 1200 sq.ft. shop and kickass loft I
recently renovated above it are reason enough for me to put up with
the bullshit...  Whether or not constantly dealing with this town's
lowlife underbelly has made me a more cynical person is up for debate,
but I am a bigger asshole now than a few years ago, so who knows...
:)

Later,

Mark.
75