From: Camron D. Crouse [mailto:camron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, May 09, 2007 1:18 PM
To: Scirocco List
Subject: Beacon Rocc: scirocco.org PNW cruise Cincy weekend?

Something I've always wanted to do is host a Scirocco cruise on WA State
Route 14 along the beautiful Columbia River Gorge bordering
Washington/Oregon. Since it isn't very practical for most of us on the
West Coast to make it to Cincy (I DO want to make that trip, maybe next
year) maybe this would be the next best thing.  So this is just putting
feelers out, definitely not intending to steal the thunder from Cincy.

I gotta tell ya, the drive on SR-14 (Lewis & Clark National Scenic
Highway) down the Washington side of the Columbia River Gorge is
*absolutely incredible*.  Mt. Hood, Mt. Adams, Cape Horn Viewpoint,
Beacon Rock, Bonneville Dam, Wind Mountain, and of course the mighty
Columbia. Windy, twisty highway, with some good straightaways,
well-signed and striped, all on *nice* pavement. My dad retired a few
years ago from the Washington State DOT, and he was QC for a lot of
these highways outside of town. Now my parents live in their new house
outside of White Salmon, WA, so my wife and I make this drive every
month or two, about 150 miles round-trip from Portland Metro.

My pics taken from Cape Horn:
<http://scirocco.dyn.dhs.org/vw/list/Camron/IMG_5388.JPG>
<http://scirocco.dyn.dhs.org/vw/list/Camron/IMG_5393.JPG>

external links: