From: C Boyko <roccit_53@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: scirocco-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, May 8, 2007 10:44:22 PM
Subject: OT: Computer advice requested

Okay, I've got a really old laptop that eventually I'm going to have to
replace. I think what I'll do is buy a new but inexpensive laptop for use
running MS and to do school stuff like recording marks, and later get
something that is better for manipulating digital still images (perhaps a
desktop), I still do not know the digital darkroom well, but am already
frustrated at the slowness of shuffling 10Mpixel files around on this
machine. The only other things I'd need a machine for would be simple word
processing and running iTunes, just to load music files onto my iPod
shuffle. I have no need of anything fancy for gaming or video, and probably
don't need to burn DVDs. Likely a really basic machine will be more than
what I need. SO...what am I looking at as far as specs? And what are your
suggestions as far as durability goes? It'll get banged around a bit
getting in and out of the car I imagine and I'm pretty sick of wrenching on
my old Latitude and would prefer something not prone to breaking.
Durability is probably more important than features.

If you have any sites like "buying a computer for Dummies" or anyplace
that's good to buy from, LMK. Thanks. (you can contact me offlist)

And Dan, could you post about that error message with the .bat file?

Cathy