CO adjustment plug question

Dan Bubb wrote:
> The hole is "outboard" of the metering plate in the sense that air flow through the hole still has to go past the metering plate to get into the engine so all is good.
> The concern about keeping crud out is a real one though. Generally have to squirt some carb cleaner down the hole at the set screw so you can insert the allen wrench.
> I think the original purpose of the hole was not only to keep crud out but to keep people from screwing with the setting.
> Dan
>

>> If this hole is left unplugged, would this constitute a vacuum leak and
>> contribute to poor running?  Or does plugging it up merely keep the crud
>> out?
>>
>> - Camron from Vancouver, WA USA
>>    '86.5 Black 16V 2.0L

Thanks for the info.  My repaint project is wrapping up, I've almost got
everything back together, and it's about time to get everything in tune.
  Seems I'm plugging up my O2 sensor every couple thousand miles, then
running even *more* rich once its all sooty. PO installed an A/F ratio
gauge, but I don't know if it's trustworthy. It lites up pretty, tho.
Gonna build a DPR test harness, hopefully today.  Bought one of those
rare JPT male connectors from Eagle Day and a female connector from my
local shop a couple weeks ago, so I think I have everything I need.

BTW, does O2 sensor-check come before or after DPR test?

Thanks again,