[OT] It keeps snapping! and snapping and snapping!!!

Jason,

 I have seen this with aftermarket hoses.  Not often, just twice.  IIRC, both were Gates hoses.  I can only assume that the rubber they use is harder, and does not flex enough, unlike an OE hose.  If this fits your situation, change the hose and see what happens.  If it does not, they you might look at how the hose fits the outlet.  Is it directly square with it?  More than once I have had to cut an OE hose to get it to fit as it should...

G/L

David