Back to basics. Why won;t my car crank over faster?

Have you rebuilt your motor recently? When I did my 2.2 it took them like 6
hours to diagnose the fact that with the new setup the original starter
wouldn't do the job. All grounds etc.....were fine. Moved over to a diesel
starter and now works like a charm.

Not sure what else I could think of. i know with the 1.8 the old starter
worked good then with the 2.2 it was super slow.

That's my two cents.