Back to basics. Why won;t my car crank over faster?

Okay, so officially my car cranks at a blistering 150rpm. Too slow I think,
should be 200-250 according to my reference (Dan B.). So, what are the
basic bare bones reasons for this sort of thing? I have done the following;
Checked for resistance in the large wires to the negative side of the
battery and sanded them as well as their contact patches, reinstalled
good'n tight. (battery to frame/frame to tranny)
Verified that I have the wires on the starter correctly, and that they are
in good condition.
Cleaned and tightened the clamps on the terminals/cleaned the terminals
(all ths stuff looked good anyway)
Cam and ignition timing seem fine
Battery's at 12.6V, and has always been a good one, I'll try swapping it
for a different one.

This car started happily a week or so ago on MSnS, I've gone over all kinds
of things with Dan and it seems to check out fine, there's 5V to the hall
sender, fuel pump is going, all that but the cranking speed is just not
where it should be. Which may have nothing at all to do with MS.

So what's left besides swapping in a different starter? Throw all the wild
stuff at me too, it may be something obscure, or dead stupid. Thanks.
Cathy