Mk2 cup holder?

I agree Brian, I've had to fix ours a couple times, the newer ones are alot sturdier but more expensive unless you can find a mk4 in a yard but good luck there.

  Mine is broken on the pax side but IMHO it's a piece of crap to begin with.

Brian Haygood <brianhaygood@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    Ix-nay on the B4 Passat cupholders, too.  I have had my '95 Passat since '95 and I'm on my 5th one I think.  The last one I bought lasted about a week before the rubber that "holds" the cup started coming off.  They break very easily and cost $50 or so these days.  You won't find a used one because they are all broken.

  Now the cupholder in the rear of a Passat's console is a single holder that works well, but has the same rubber stuff.

  Note that MKIV cupholders changed in 2001.  Tonee can likely get you a picture of an early one from his/my car.  The 2001 and up one was MUCH easier to use - maybe it was 2002 when they changed, so look out for that.  I can't recall exactly, but the later one had better shaped claws to hold the cup and seemed like a better thing on the bottom of the cup.  Both fit into the same slot, of course.

  Let us know if the MKIV things work.  I think that would be a good solution if you found a place for it.