Mk2 cup holder?

Ix-nay on the B4 Passat cupholders, too.  I have had my '95 Passat since '95
and I'm on my 5th one I think.  The last one I bought lasted about a week
before the rubber that "holds" the cup started coming off.  They break very
easily and cost $50 or so these days.  You won't find a used one because
they are all broken.

Now the cupholder in the rear of a Passat's console is a single holder that
works well, but has the same rubber stuff.

Note that MKIV cupholders changed in 2001.  Tonee can likely get you a
picture of an early one from his/my car.  The 2001 and up one was MUCH
easier to use - maybe it was 2002 when they changed, so look out for that.
I can't recall exactly, but the later one had better shaped claws to hold
the cup and seemed like a better thing on the bottom of the cup.  Both fit
into the same slot, of course.

Let us know if the MKIV things work.  I think that would be a good solution
if you found a place for it.