(Banghead) RE: Master Cylinder - WTF?

The reason I ask is that me and Gordy put a different style MC on his A-1
with the old booster, and the push rod stuck out too far for the MC.  The
result was us having to either push the MC and tighten the nuts or just
using the nuts to cinch it on there.  This caused the MC to be engaged
without any pedal pushing at all, thus blocking the MC outlets.  We could've
pumped forever and never gotten a drop.

I ended up shortening the push rod on the booster and and it's counterpart
on the MC to compensate.  If you take the MC back off, use some calipers or
a tape measure and see how far it is from the face of the booster to the
push rod.  Same thing for the MC how deep inside the shaft to the mounting
side.  I know it's a lot of work that you've done again and again, but it's
better than becoming entirely bald.
On 3/30/07, Daun Yeagley <vwdaun@yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- Sean Whalen <hareless@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > When you put MC Hammer on did you have to hold it against
> > the booster to get
> > the nuts on, or will it sit against it by itself?
>
> It would go on *just* enough to get a thread or two
> started.
>

> Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
> '81 Scirocco S (Deiter)       '86 Scirocco 8v
> '88 Scirocco Slegato (Gino!)  '88 Scirocco 16v
> '96 Passat GLX Wagon          '56 Cessna 172
> The first rule of intelligent tinkering is to save all the parts -
> Ehrlich's Law.

> It's here! Your new message!

Sean
A-1 x 2