Master Cylinder - WTF?

--- Daun Yeagley <vwdaun@yahoo.com> wrote:

<snip>
> What puzzles me is that it appears as if the MC is
> taking
> fluid - the level in the reservoir will be down
> somewhat
> after bleeding at each wheel.  The concern is I'm
> still
> getting absolutely no pedal.

'Chu still got air in there padre.

I had the same trouble with a Golf I that had slurped
a bubble on a hard turn with low reservoir level.

While in ND's shop I mentioned it and they just bled
the brakes for me, gratis.

Never had any more trouble after that. (But they
didn?t actually show me what they did.)

The trouble you will have without the use of
_something_ like the power (pressure) bleeder is not
worth the trouble, you are in effect dealing with a
'dry' system you will need to respond as if the whole
thing is one big air bubble.

- Bench bleed the M/C, cap and then reattach the
lines.

- Suck (or blow) fluid through each line until no more
bubbles show.

- Let the damn'd thing sit over night to coalesce
'foam' and bleed it again.

hth,
TBerk

TV dinner still cooling?