quick rear suspension bushing Q

I removed the stock suspension in the dark and now I am trying to put
the h&r coilovers on the rear.  I didn't notice something though.  How
do the rear bushings go back in?  I don't have the ribbed kind, so it's
not that obvious.  Does the flatter side go towards the body in both
cases or AWAY from the body (or some combination).

When I tried to tighten the top nut to 23ft/lbs it really squished the
heck out of the poly before I even got to the torque spec.  That was
with the flatter sides AWAY from the body.

tia, but hurry snow is coming back :)