Valve Search

Hmm... less reciprocating mass = higher rpm limit = more HP, maybe. One of
the limits on a really highly strung- out engine is "valve float", when the
springs aren't strong enough or valves too heavy (too much inertia) to cycle
fully open/closed 7-9,000 times per minute. So you lose compression and
power.
    Stronger springs will help, but the cam wears out more quickly. Also,
stronger springs usually means thicker spring coil, which can bind on a high
lift/ high performance cam profile. $$ Ker-unch.

I think the relevant question to ask is; "bang for the buck?" If these
valves cost $150 for the set, will they give you more usable power than $150
spent somewhere else [free-frow intake, better exhaust. hotter cam(s), maybe
even better gear ratios.].

But reducing mass is always a good thing, especially in reciprocal
components.

I leave you with two quotes from the late, great Sir Colin Chapman, who was
Lotus for all practical purposes (and how many people do you know who have
been granted an English Knighthood for automotive design and engineering?).
I'd love to have a Lotus; older Elan or Europa... Esprit Turbo if I ever
have $20-30k sitting around.
    The quotes:

1] Simplicate, then add lightness
2] To add speed, add lightness

OK, redundant and not exactly on topic... but the man built some great cars.
Keep in mind our Sciroccos (Mks 1 & 2 both) are fairly light in their class.

Karl