grade eight?

All this talk of fastener grades reminds me of the subsafe program in
the Navy.  The idea is that you want to keep the water out of the
people tank.

I was always told it was an incorrect grade of fastener on the
Thresher that failed allowing a large volume of water into the
switchgear (killing power) but reading about it onlines tells me that
it was an incorrectly brazed joint on a main seawater valve.  Same
effect.

Alrighty then.  Glad to make no point at all,  carry on...

I am sure that Al can correct me.  I was NOT a submariner.  I would
not be able to speak of such things intelligently because I was a
surface weenie (and consequently hete-- um nevermind I won't say it.
LOL)

Chris