since were on the topic of strut removal...

My Bilstein HD's will be in this week for my 86 Jetta.  I have a question...  They don't have bolts in the top of the strut towers, only the main nut in the top... I'm hoping, thinking there's another one under the main or what hold the spring in when I take the bottom 2 bolts out???

Some else at the store when I was checking out with my spring compressors told me that an easy way to do any struts is to wrap wire around the springs before you remove them from the car and u can use the wire to hold the spring compressed while you replace the struts???

I may use the wire, but with my compressor...Really don't want to let one of those puppies loose. 8-\

Later
David