wanted: passengerside door latch.

Last August some shitheads in the neighborhood tried to break into my
Scirocco.  They tried the old 'screwdriver at the doorhandle trick'
and di a nice number on the door skin.
They also broke a plastic clip that goes at the bottom of the lockknob
(that you pull up on to unlock the car) that connected it to the rest
of the latch inside the door.
Since then the door has been functional, but sticky - you had to give
a good tug on it to get it open.
It seems something has finally gone inside, I can't get the door open
at all anymore. :(
I just discovered this last night with an armload of groceries,so I
haven't had a change to take the door apart and diagnose the
problem....
but does anyone have a spare latch lying around they'd part with?  By
latch I mean the inner guts, not the handle.
Thanks.

GP

--
"Fatal mistakes rarely happen, but funny things often do"