I'm not ready to make nice...(long)

C Boyko wrote:

> Well, that I can deal with. It was the being yelled at in the second
> sentence of the conversation that I found offputting. I'd prefer driving
> through the scariest section of Detroit with an ailing car, thanks.

Yes, I can see where the yelling can be disconcerting.  The other thing
I don't like about wreckers is they don't give a rat's arse about
customer service, because they think they have a monopoly.  Which is not
far from the truth, especially for the outfit you were dealing with.

>> I don't go to the wreckers anymore for parts.

> Ahem, you ARE the wreckers. And seems to me you got an "intermediate shaft
> assembly" from this very place not a year back. (Maybe it IS a year, I bet
> it is almost to the day!)

Yes, I don't go to the wreckers because the wrecks have tended to come
to me over the years.  But there are times when you need something and
can't wait for it to come along.  And you'll note that I didn't deal
with this particular outfit other than to provide the credit card
number, someone else was kind enough to do the deal and even pick it up
for me... :)

> Yeah, I guess. All I know is that I'm only dealing with Bubba at the
> wreckers from now on. Bubba's the man. And he doesn't yell at me for no
> reason.

Of course Bubba also probably uses a forklift to move the cars from
point A to point B, and a torch to cut out the gas tanks...

Drew

--
84 Wolfsburg Ed. Scirocco GTD     http://scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca/gtd
77 Scirocco project - the next GTD?