I'm not ready to make nice...(long)

> A long time ago, when I used to go to wreckers for parts, I discovered
> that they have a very unique and single purpose view of the automotive
> parts world.  They could tell you if a Ford Fairmont oil pan would fit
> a Mercury Zephyr, because they've sold hundreds to Zephyr owners, but
> they couldn't tell you if a Mercury Zephyr pan would fit a Ford
> Fairmont, because Fairmont owners don't buy their parts at a wrecking
> yard.

Well, that I can deal with. It was the being yelled at in the second
sentence of the conversation that I found offputting. I'd prefer driving
through the scariest section of Detroit with an ailing car, thanks.

> I don't go to the wreckers anymore for parts.

Ahem, you ARE the wreckers. And seems to me you got an "intermediate shaft
assembly" from this very place not a year back. (Maybe it IS a year, I bet
it is almost to the day!)

> And in the end, Cathy, all that really matters is that you came away
> with the prize!  (and you didn't lose your head in the process... <-
> obligatory Highlander reference)

Yeah, I guess. All I know is that I'm only dealing with Bubba at the
wreckers from now on. Bubba's the man. And he doesn't yell at me for no
reason.
Cathy