FM Reception Question

If you mean the amplified center roof mounted antenna, when the amp loses power, or the amp itself fails, you lose FM reception,
though AM will still work somewhat.  With thise symptoms, and with 12v verified at the base of the antenna, you will need to replace
the FUBA itself.  I've also seen people gut the amplifier portion out of the antenna and bypass the whole thing.  Modern car stereos
are significantly better at compensating for the weaker signal resulting from a choke antenna, so the amplifier has been a moot
point for the past 10 years or so.

HTH
Al