From: T Berk [mailto:bayareaberk@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2007 4:16 PM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: RE: OT: Vista users and wannabe's

--- Mtl-Marc <marc_scirocco@sympatico.ca> wrote:

> [...]
<snip>

> I grew up with PCs starting back to 8088 running at
> 4.77MHz...
>
> I installed Win XP 64 bits edition, and I love it

<snip>

Heh heh. Upgrade that 8088 with a V-20 my friend!
Anybody remember doing soldering iron fixes to Apple
II motherboards?

Or getting an order to populate an IBM PC's 16k
motherboard to full max of 64k, or an XT to 256k
(here's a tube of chips, get crack'n!..."?

Add an AST Multifunction I/O board and you got not
only another 384 'kay' of RAM but a parallel port, a
serial port (with room for a second if you plugged the
extra chips in!), and a bunch of goodies including
<gasp!> a BATTERY backup for the system's clock!
<pant>, <pant>

Oh, I am spent....

TBerk
that phrase about forgetting more than the youngsters
will ever learn is starting to kick in...