OT: Vista users and wannabe's

I had to upgrade to Vista about 2 weeks ago (had to because of the
not-so-legal-version of XP install disc died and my HD upgrade went BADLY
and XP is hard to find in a store now and I really needed to get back up and
running on ripping and burning DVDs so as to not waste my Blockbuster online
membership).

I am sure I will be the only one on here, but I LOVE Vista.  There are some
weird quirks to get used to, and a few compatibility issues, but nothing I
couldn't figure out.  I am sure part of it is that I may run 5 programs max
(and they mostly involve ripping DVDs).  I have a 200GB HD (the new one that
caused the Vista-ization) and 512 RAM.  I will be adding more RAM soon, not
because I need to but because I want to.

My only real issue so far has been the program for my Sony digital-8 vid
cam, Pixela ImageMixer 1.5.  When I had only 40GB, my HD wasn't large enough
to import the video (I have a LOT of programs).  Now, I have the space, but
the USB drivers that have to be installed don't work with Vista, and you
have to call Pixela for tech support (WTF?).  If any of you tech guys have
any ideas or any other program I might like better, HELP!  I have vid of
Cincy 2006, but it is stuck on that little digital8 tape until I figure this
out.  I don't want to buy a bunch of new accessories.  This program will
allow you to import video through a USB cable (or firewire, but i no have on
the computer), and then mix blah blah blah to DVD.  Make ideas simple for
me, as the Rocc running is most important, then the gardening, then the
video.

Thanks!
Lexan
1982 8V  <---closer to running every weekend

Find a local pizza place, movie theater, and more?.then map the best route!