Canadian Corrado Recaro Power Bases ???

Ok,

got an opportunity to buy a pair of these from a guy in Canada (go figure).
Anyway, I have the wedge brackets in my car now. It is a MK2 rocco. I had
cut them down to as low as humanly possible. Since I'm about 6ft and had the
regular US power bases for a Jetta they were too tall. Well, I've always
been told that the Canadian Corrado units were the way to go if you have the
ability to get some. Well, the opportunity just presented itself. I don't
want to plunk down the $400 the guy wants for them without knowing for sure
that they will be low enough. My rocco has a sunroof with further makes the
headroom that much less. Well, anyone here know for sure that I won't have
any issues of my head hitting the roof while sitting up. Anyone that knows
me knows why but I won't go into that now. anyway, would this be a good way
to go or should I be happy with my Wedge brackets and recaro sliders? I love
the power bases with the tilt and power forward and back.

Some advise would be genuinely appreciated.