ETKA v7

Hi Camron,

  I can't help you on making the Daemon tool select other install locations, but ETKA gives the option to install to (on at least my machine) C, D, E & F. This is after I burned the ISO to DVD though.

  As far as reloading Roxio V9, I'd recommend completely uninstalling the app and then trying again. The registry probably needs to be clear of the app before it will allow for it to reload and work.

  -=Mark
  '80 Scirocco
  '81 Rabbit Sportruck
  '00 Dasher Estate

Camron <camron@worldaccessnet.com> wrote:
  Mark F. wrote:
> On 3/1/07, Jeffrey W. Bynum wrote:
>> Allyn, Brian, listers,
>> When I try to install, it says the installation is password protected,
>> and
>> requests a password. What should I put in?
>

> Jeff,
>
> That installation is for the updates (and the password is at the
> bottom of the .txt file in the same folder). You need to either burn
> the .iso file in the first folder to a dvd, or use a program like
> Daemon tools to "mount" the .iso to actually install ETKA7.

I tried the Daemon tools software for the .iso, and I was wanting to
load E T K A on my D Drive (C is a little too full) but the "browse"
option was greyed out. I exited the install, and tried the Daemon tools
once again, but nothing happens. I've reinstalled Daemon tools,
redownloaded and reinstalled, even tried the older version, but nothing
happens when I mount the .iso (sometimes a tiny window pops up that says
"please wait..." for a barely-readable fraction of a second before
disappearing)

OTOH, if I select the .iso file first, then "open with..." and select
Daemon tools, then I get an "error in command line" popup.

To add insult to injury, my bundled DVD-R software (roxio easy creator
v6) quit working sometime last year, and my 30 day trial of v9 has
expired and a reinstale does not seem to reset it. So I can't even burn
to DVD to instale in roundabout fashion.

F'n software

Any suggestions? I guess I'm a bit "computer stupid."

- Camron