MK1 rear hatch spoiler factory/dealer option debate

--- Cory Langford <Cory_Langford@bcit.ca> wrote:

> But (just to keep things interesting), I did look over
> some of the other
> invoices, and I noticed that the 1979 Non S model has
> listed Spoiler, front
> & rear as standard.  So anyone want to explain this one,
> What rear and
> front spoiler came from the factory on the early non S
> models?

The front "duckbill" spoiler was standard, and as you
guessed, the upturned edge of the hatch was at one point
called a spoiler by VW.

Now the 78 champagne edition
> lists Front
> Spoiler with stripe, and no rear spoiler.

The Champagne Editions had the Zender airdam just like the
"S" models.

Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'81 Scirocco S (Deiter)       '86 Scirocco 8v
'88 Scirocco Slegato (Gino!)  '88 Scirocco 16v
'96 Passat GLX Wagon          '56 Cessna 172

Be a PS3 game guru.