MK1 rear hatch spoiler factory/dealer option debate

Well, I never intended to start a controversy over the rear hatch spoiler
installed.  I suspect that the pictures I have seen from the early 80s with
the Scirocco S model and the rear hatch spoiler, were a dealer installed
option (either a zender or kamie)

I had a quick look over the sales receipts posted on driversfound and there
is no hatch (rear) spoiler listed on the S model receipts posted there.

But (just to keep things interesting), I did look over some of the other
invoices, and I noticed that the 1979 Non S model has listed Spoiler, front
& rear as standard.  So anyone want to explain this one, What rear and
front spoiler came from the factory on the early non S models?

The difference seems to be the S model has a "Large front spoiler" as
standard equipment, where as the non S 1979 simply has "Spoiler, front and
rear" as standard equipment. Now the 78 champagne edition lists Front
Spoiler with stripe, and no rear spoiler.

Gotta love that marketing.  Is the integrated small lip in the hatch
considered a rear spoiler by VW?  After all, we mk1 drivers do have that
special "race-type" windshield wiper system :)

Cory