OT: Solving my 01 Jetta 20vT Problems??

Alright some of you might remember my recent problems... Subject line *(Damn
Volkswagen Coil Packs)*

Well here are the new problems beside the problems from the past... my car
just started having troubles with rough idle, lower gas mileage, bad
hesitation..  So yesterday on my way home from work I pulled into a parking
lot.. I unplugged the MAF sensor...  Car rough idle went away... So I
figured what the hell drive it the rest of the way home like that... 2
miles...  Holy night and day differences...  So I left it unplugged for my
trip to work today.. 25 miles and even on the Highway wow feels like a new
car again...

So I think I have finally got my problem figured out and the problem doesn't
seam to lie in the coil packs..

I'm about 80% sure that my problem is MAF sensor... I didn't want to make a
post, figuring my answer would be Use the Search Function..  So I spent the
greater part of my morning searching vwvortex achieves.

This is the only information I found worth anything....
If the MAF is unplugged, the engine ECU will assume a default approx. 550mg
of air.
So, if your engine actually runs stronger after uplugging the MAF (it
assumes more air and thus pumps in more fuel), it would definitely be your
MAF that is failing.

-Brian
85 Scirocco 8vT       01 Jetta 20vT       84 Rabbit GTI
86 Bronze Scirocco 8v