Good and Bad Road trip(long)

I purchased some porsche 7 slot wheels a couple of weeks ago on ebay,
located in columbus, ohio. decided I would pick them up instead of
having them shipped. Contacted Daun about possibility of him picking
up wheels for me then I would get them from him, he was having a hard
time getting to them so he suggested I contact adam(foxxinabox) I did
and he agreed to get them for me. Well yesterday I got the itch to
just drive out and get them, contacted seller and he was available
today, so this morning I get on the road at 6:30am and make good time
there arrive around 12:30 and pick up wheels. Stopped at gas station
to use restroom and grab some drinks for trip back. about an hour into
trip back crusing around 70-75mph and it pops out of gear, this has
happenned before a couple of times so not totally shocked by it.
put it back in gear and keep going about a mile pass and it does it
again, put the car back in gear and keep going then it pops out again
but makes a different noise this time put it back in gear and the
engine just revs no acceleration.

at this point all the stories of SMS'ing trannies and 5th gear blow
outs pop into my head. I pull over to shoulder check the car and no
gear oil leaking from car so I get back in and take off and drove the
rest of the 390+ mile trip in 4th gear. not a fun time let me tell
you. thankfully the temperature was cool through the mountains and
helped to keep the engine temps in check.

on last leg of trip 4th gear popped out twice

so the hunt for a replacement tranny begins.