Toilet bowl spring clamp install tips needed...

I used that method on my '84 long ago, before I knew someone else had
already done it.  Works like a charm!  Just make sure the upper shackle
is centered on the clamp (might even want to grind a flat section on it)
so it doesn't pop off sideways.  When you get those to full extension,
there is a LOT of pressure built up.
Nate