OT: 92 Jetta Digi no start problems

Yes David;

 1. Line up your flywheel v-cut (inside inspection hole- unscrew plastic
plug) with pointer inside transaxle

 2. Dot on driver's side of cam sprocket should line up with top of valve
cover (if not loosen belt tensioner and adjust.)

3. Pull off distributor cap and make sure the rotor lines up with the notch
on rim of of distributor (if the first two line up, but the dizzy doesn't, I
find it easier to just pull the dizzy and readjust rather than loosening the
belt.)

As far as the dots and notches on the passenger side are concerned, you can
never trust the intermediate shaft pulley to be in the right place.  It
might be, but PO could have removed the dizzy previously and moved it just
enough to screw you.

Check your belt tension too; maybe it jumped a tooth or two.

Good luck,