OT: 92 Jetta Digi no start problems

 Ok here's where I am.  I've checked fuel getting plenty, so it's some place with spark and timing

I've replaced: plugs and coil
tested hall sensor and ICU.  I'm getting signal from hall.
I also tested compression 3 of 4 tested around 125psi. Other one was alittle low(90psi) but that shouldn't cause a complete no start.

PO stated he had it running after sitting for along time.  He reset the timing marks on the cam and water pump pulley's.  Then put new plug wires and distributor cap on.  He set the dizzy and got it to run for about a day then it quit and wouldn't start again.

I'm pretty convinced that the dizzy timing is FUBAR'd.

It turns over, but doesn't even appear to fire at all.  I've pulled the plugs and they show spark.  Looks weak to me, but I'm used to looking at HEI so it's probably fine especially with the new coil.

My questions are this:
1. Is there a quick and easy to set the dizzy timing?
2. Is there any other things I should check?

I'm planning on checking the signal all the way thru the hall thru the digi, icu, and to the coil, but I'm pretty sure that's not it.

Thanks
David