My weekend: track, cruise, show, tiptoe,rant (Cathy-esque)

Saturday: Test and tune day for VWs. Klaus is still slower on this build
than the last (he needs an obstruction added in his exhaust :) ), though I
have a butload of datalogs to go through, resulting from a bunch of revised
tables sent to me by Mr. Bubb. I was tuning both cars, (Denny was driving
my '87 16V) and it was interesting to compare tuning CIS-E with MS. MUCH
more feedback from MS (and you can easily go back to a previous tuning
setting, you simply open a file), CIS-E you just mess with it and run, hope
for the best, if you made it worse, you sort of ballpark it back where it
was)...that one still needs something, she's slowed down, but gained time
as the day went on at least.
Saturday night: The cruise of Niagara Falls. Just Klaus and I, the headache
stayed home. I had a veggie oil Rabbit in front of me, and a dune buggy
behind me. It's cool because we cruise right by the falls and lots f
tourists point at us and take pictures. Sort of makes you feel like a
celebrity or something. Only one other Scirocco in that bunch, LOTS of
aircoolers.
Sunday:The June Jitterbug. I freally like this show, it's in a park, on the
grass, and if you get there early, you can "get a tree". We got one, but it
was in a really dusty spot. Which was fine, my cars are not show cars
anyway. There were 350 cars in the show, only five roccos that  saw, two of
those were mine, and we took the cabby too, so I had three A1s there, which
was cool. My Cabby's a driver, not a lookedr, but the bar is so high with
cabbies that I could toss 20 grand or so at it and still not win, so it'll
have to do as it is. Anyway, the 16V ended up runner up, so that was cool,
considering i hadn't even given her a bath. The winner was a really nice
MkII with a 16V and ITBs. Beautiful clean car. he was at the track too, a
bit faster than ours...a lot of people looked at klaus trying to figure out
what the hell was going on under the hood. It was a really nice day. Adam
and I lost out on winning the engine teardown by a split second; so close
that we didn't hear their engine split over the noise of ours coming apart,
so that was a good  match. Eight teams, so we were pretty happy to come
away second. And it was well noted that we were the only watercoolers in
the contest (it's an air cooled block that gets torn down) Anyone who's
wrenched with me knows speed is sure not one of my attributes.

And now the rant. It was announced that the police were on the lookout for
a group of cars as a result of the Saturday night cruise, they had plates
on file and would be looking for them if they did anything bad on the way
home from the show. I bet it was a group of newer cars, and honestly, there
was nothing at the cruise to cause concern, no tire squealing ( except for
one aircooled bug), no speeding, nothing, so I can only assume that it was
based strictly on the cops looking at the builds in the parking lot.
Imports are evil. And then on the way home from the show, Denny saw the OPP
coming at him too late, he was doing 70 in 50 (for you Americans, for us -
110 in an 80), on a country road. Cherries go on, and he gets pulled over.
I was behind him, doing the same speed, and drove right on past in my old
green hatchback with the mismatched hood...again, it was a clear case of
profiling, and they did let him off, but again, they were likely expecting
a young guy at the wheel instead of a sensible high school teacher. So
obviously the cops are looking for something to do when they aren't
arresting people in Caledonia. I'd been thinking of putting her ROCC IT
plate on Klaus and then getting her one that says HEADACHE...but nope,
Klaus will be getting a historic plate when he turns 30. I like the fact
that he goes unnoticed. That silver one always gets pulled over, and I'm
sure her plate doesn't help. Go arrest some old folks in Buicks, and some
SUV cell phone users or something....
Anyway, I know, weak rant. I need more coffee....but it was time for me to
post something really long, Chris had been challenging my title...
cathy