Coil upgrade...

Ignition coils seem to be one of those items that you can pay a LOT more for
(a trick, aftermarket unit) that won't give you any benefits over a cheap,
AutoZone unit other than "bling".  On the contrary, the durability of the
Accel/MSD/etc units doesn't seem to equal the durability, by and large, of
the stock coils.  They certainly don't guarantee better performance in a
street/stock, NA type engine.

larry
sandiego16v

OK so I'm going to be pulling the coil off to swap it out or test it and I
start thinking ... can we upgrade to a better coil?  Does MSD make one for
it?

What is Chuck running in his MS car?  I know he's got a little red box and a
coil, but honestly I've never really messed with spark that much...(change
the plugs and dizzy cap) 8-)

So now I'm wondering what are my options.  I believe my no start issues are
ignition related and both my A2 Jetta's seem lacking in spark.

BTW priced coils at 3 different parts stores today (advance auto, o'reilly
and autozone) interesting.... advance auto 54, o'reilly 66 and autozone
coming in last at 99.  Those were for "stock" replacements (Duralast,
Borg-Warner and???)

Shoot me up I'm here. 8-)
David