Rear Brake Line Tab

I had to break off the square tab, that's welded to the rear trailing arm,
that holds the junction of the rear brake hose, and the rear steel brake
line on the rear beam.

I'm running new steel lines from the P valve under the M/cyl all the way
back. I just ordered stainless lines after destroying the factory rubber
line.

Instead of welding the square tab back on, I'm looking for an easier
solution, since I don't want to drop the rear.

Does anyone know what the spring clip is for, that slides over the square
tab.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Peter