SOT: Volkwagen Trunk Question

Hi Chris,

  If it was the VW "pickup (singlecab/doublecab)" version of the Microbus it would have storage under the bed that passed all the way through left to right and that would have a sizeable amount of room. I think that compartment was about 2 ft wide by 1 ft high and the width of the vehicle. It wouldn't lessen the injustice that occured, but it could account for "reasonably" fitting 2 people in VW storage.

  -=Mark

  '80 Scirocco
  '81 Rabbit Sportruck
  '00 Dasher Estate

Chris Bennett <scirocco16vr32@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Ok read the below article about a son of bitch that finally got convicted
from a crime involving the Klan and two African Americans commited in '64.
A tiny bit of faith in the Justice system is restored, granted not
alot--better late than never. However I have a question: this was 1964...
so the only models that year and previous were micro-bus's, Karmen Ghias,
and Beetles.

The article is quoted as "Edwards testified that Dee and Moore were stuffed,
alive, into the trunk of Seale's Volkswagen and driven to a farm. They were
later tied up and driven across the Mississippi River into Louisiana,
Edwards said, and Seale told him that Dee and Moore were attached to heavy
weights and dumped alive into the river."

Buses don't have trunks right? So am I reading that right that they stuffed
two human beings in the trunk of a beetle or Ghia?!? Oh My God.

That should be his fate. Stuff his old geriatric ass in the trunk of a
beetle and then take it to a monster truck rally. If he lives through that
then sink the damn thing in sewage.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/LAW/06/14/kkk.coldcase.convicted.ap/index.html

Sorry end of rant.