Rose's nervous disorder

On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 19:48:39 -0500, "Chuck Blue"
<sukchew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>I just got off of the phone with MSD, the manufactures of Rose's ignition control.The MSD box is on the way for repair tomorrow.

Does the MSD box protect itself from being fried when you leave the
key on for an extended period without running the engine?

I fried a Pertonix ignitor when I was installing a cd player about a
year ago because I left the key on for extended periods.  Totally
forgot about the "don't do that!" warning and I had to put in my spare
points and condensor to get home one day. I got some really weird
symptoms (and also thought it was a bad coil) for a period of time
before it quit completely.  Pertronix now has an improved style module
that senses when the key is left on without running the motor and
shuts itself down to prevent it.