OT:Open Office was: Vista and my printer

--- Brendan Doyle <lord_verminaard@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Cathy, try <http://www.openoffice.org>
>
> I have Open Office
<snip>
> It works great,
> compatible with all MS Office file types and
> it's FREE.
<snip>
> WP sucks the big one.
>
> Brendan

Ebby-ting Brendan said and more.

I used to use 'extra' copies of MS products around the
house but these days I run Open Office and Mozilla
based products on those systems I have control of.

I also recommend getting one of those USB memory stick
dealies to use when you need to download something
rather large; seek out a faster internet connection
somewhere and haul it home in your pocket to install
later.

btw- Sometimes choosing between the PCL and Postscript
version of your print options can get you past a pesky
print problem. Sometimes.

hth,
TBerk

http://sims.yahoo.com/