Scirocco update

--- Andrew McCausland <ajmccaus@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> So I've got my scirocco fixed and will be racing on
> Sunday. The head was replaced with a 2.0 head at a
> cost of $500 and I'm getting to the point where I'm
> starting to be at peace with it. The plan is to get
> the original head back from the mechanic, rebuild it
> and put it back on the car. Right now it runs a
> little rough at idle (perhaps the idle is too low?),
> the temp gauge reads high although the coolant temp
> is OK, and I still need to fix the tach.
<snip>

- Racing on Sunday. WhooHoo!

- "...it runs a little rough at idle..."
I'm thinking cam timing maybe, beside a fuel to air
ratio thing (idle too low). Is it a stock cam?

- Temp Gauges are notoriously vague. They can be
thrown off a bit by corrosion and age.

Another thing to consider, since you have had the top
off the motor is trapped air in the system.

Perhaps you will forgive me if I ask you to (re)search
it yourself via the search of the Sciroco.Org archives
as well as the same on vwVortex.com.

Other than that one thing in closing comes to mind;
air to fuel ratio can lead to a hot(ter) running
motor, perhaps you need to get the 'probe up the
tailpipe' type help from a qualified shop to get it
set right. (Har)

Dems me 'tinks,
TBerk

http://searchmarketing.yahoo.com/