[OT] Cyli

No, this is not a Spewey Moment where we all have a big fight because
I'm drunk, crazy, or retarded.  This is a somber thing.

I learned recently that one of my earliest cyber-friends has left this
realm.  Nancy "Cyli" [silly] Anderson succumbed to cancer and emphysema
at age 68.  I first met Cyli in real life.  We played some nickel poker
at the house of my friend who ran a Citadel BBS (Chez Spaz) in the late
80s.  Eventually I tried to participate in the board and she smacked me
down right away because I was an anus.

One wouldn't find her without an ample supply of Dr. Pepper and
cigarettes, typing away merrily, marveling at the cornucopia of dorkwads
that the Internet has to offer.  She also loved the water and her kayak.
  Last time I saw her in '05, I took her sailing.  She said she was on a
trout fishing mailing list and I said, "What? You fish?"  It was a new
hobby and a new place to hang out.  Nothing could make her happier, I
hope they have a good one upstairs.

So yeah, as long as I'm here, I'm planting her flag.  You don't have to
respond with meager e-condolences but please lift your lighter or tilt
your beverage in her honor.  Go ahead and shun me for this, she would
have laughed.  And remember those brave folks who didn't care that
computers were only for young geeks.  Who loved a good flamewar and
didn't fit in quite right without a keyboard.  Who made the mailing list
what it is today.

<group hug>