More on the 16V "quest for fast"

On 12:19 pm 07/19/07 "LEF" <rocco16@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> This is the puzzler, and it's what makes me think it's not mechanical.
> Intermittent, to me, sounds fuel- or ignition-related.
>

> larry
> sandiego16v

But it never runs rough, which has never been my experience with failed
fuel/ignition components. I will see if I can source out the module and
knock box to try anyway, that's easy enough to do. (and I'll also verify
that the transfer pump is running)
And Marc, yes, I did check compression. On a cold engine 182/182/186/181,
which is the high end of spec for a 16V. This head has 60 000 kms on it
(and about 150 000 kms on the block), it's certainly not a tired engine,
but it's no virgin either. Gotta keep at the vacation prep here, I'll be
away from that car for a week(end)or so, but I'll check in as time allows.
Cathy