More on the 16V "quest for fast"

On 7/19/07, LEF <rocco16@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This is the puzzler, and it's what makes me think it's not mechanical.
> Intermittent, to me, sounds fuel- or ignition-related.

I would also look to the fuel system.  I think you said that you checked
system pressure and it was good, right?  How about warm and cold
control pressure?  Have you checked fuel volume out the injectors to see if
pump might be going south?  Also bridge the fuel pump relay and check for
battery voltage at the pump.  Maybe it is not getting enough juice, happened
to me recently but I was having a stumbling acceleration problem.
--
Gordy
MK1 x 5