Fuse block question

Hi list,
    Need to confirm some information.
    I'm trying to come up with a spare fuse block to fit an '81 Mk1 (non-
A/C). I need it for a car I'm purchasing which is about 1000 miles away...
current owner reports two major electrical problems; turn signals don't
work, and a key-off slow discharge. He believes both problems are due to the
fuse box being water damaged by a typical leak at the base of the
windshield.
    OK, so that's what I need; what I have is two 'older' fuse blocks, not
sure of source cars but I think late 70's early 80's vintage. I cannot find
any VW or Bosch part number, however both blocks appear identical, and both
have "FD-HH" cast on the right rear (orientation as you would look at in the
car; fuses down and relays up facing "forward" to you, elec cable plugs
facing "rear" away from you), that is on the right rear face just above the
bracket for the retaining screw.

    So... IIRC, there weren't a great many varieties of fuse block at that
time. I'm about 90% sure these are either Scirocco or Rabbit. Any
information to verify that these are indeed the correct fuse block for an
'81 Mk1 (or aren't) would be helpful.

thanks, Karl

Need a brain boost? Recharge with a stimulating game. Play now!
http://club.live.com/home.aspx?icid=club_hotmailtextlink1